Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £17.84
- £14.84Trending at £16.99
- £24.99Trending at £42.46
- £6.48Trending at £7.19
- £6.07Trending at £6.25
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.94Trending at £28.57
About this product
- DescriptionA reference tool for the research community in the Republic of Guinea (Conakry), this edition offers an introductory narrative accounting of Guinea's political and economic history, a chronology that spans the earliest-known history of the area. It also covers the personalities and events that made contemporary Guinea.
- Author BiographyThomas E. O'Toole is Professor of Anthropology and a member of the African Studies faculty at St. Cloud State University in Minnesota. A Fulbright scholar to Guinea in 2002, he maintains an active interest in African affairs. He is the author of the first three editions of this dictionary and The Central African Republic: The Continent's Hidden Heart (1986) as well as a number of texts and trade books for undergraduates and schools. Janice E. Baker recently retired from a career in public service. She worked for several federal and state agencies, including the Congressional Research Service in the Library of Congress, President Carter's Commission on World Hunger, the New Mexico Legislature, the New Mexico Supreme Court, Peace Corps Headquarters, and the National Science Foundation. In 1978 she returned to Francophone West Africa as a resource person on a Fulbright Group Travel Abroad faculty development seminar led by Dr. O'Toole. She has coauthored three books in the Enchantment of Africa series for young people: Upper Volta (1974), Niger (1976), and Central African Republic (1979).
- Author(s)Janice E. Baker,Thomas E. O'Toole
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication16/03/2005
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleHistorical Dictionaries of Africa
- Series Part/Volume Number94
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight549 g
- Width156 mm
- Height223 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.