Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.42Trending at £5.52
- £19.59Trending at £26.35
- £14.90Trending at £17.00
- £9.24Trending at £9.53
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £7.69Trending at £7.76
- £5.28Trending at £5.73
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume looks at the history of Sri Lanka, from its origin in 483BC to its creation of the most sophisticated hydrolic systems in the ancient world, and the influence on the Singhalese from British, Dutch, Potuguese and Indian invaders.
- Author BiographyS.W.R. de A Samarsinghe is Associate Professor in the Department of International Health and Development at the School of Public Health and Tropical Medicine at Tulane University, and Senior Economist of the Development Studies Program at the Tulane Institute of International Development. Vidyamali Samarsinghe is Associate Professor at the International Development Program of International Service at American University. Both authors were born and educated in Sri Lanka, and have written and lectured extensively on the economic, social, and political problems of the country.
- Author(s)S.W.R.DeA Samarsinghe,Vidyamali Samarsinghe
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication11/12/1997
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleHistorical Dictionaries of Asia, Oceania and the Middle East
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo.26
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content Note3 maps
- Weight458 g
- Width145 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.