Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £57.45Trending at £60.34
- £12.31Trending at £13.96
- £11.95Trending at £17.51
- £8.84Trending at £13.00
- £6.76Trending at £12.09
- £12.58Trending at £18.97
- £14.54Trending at £18.39
About this product
- DescriptionA vast amount of literature-both scholarly and popular-now exists on the subject of historical memory, but there is remarkably little available that is written from an African perspective. This volume explores the inner dynamics of memory in all its variations, from its most destructive and divisive impact to its remarkable potential to heal...
- Author BiographyMamadou Diawara received his PhD from Aecole des Hautes Aetudes, Paris and is Professor at the University of Frankfurt/Main. He specializes in anthropology and African history (oral history and the history of development). Bernard C. Lategan is the founding Director of the Stellenbosch Institute for Advanced Study. He studied classical languages, linguistics, literary theory, and theology at the Universities of the Free State, Stellenbosch and Kampen. Jorn Rusen was President of the Kulturwissenschaftliches Institut in Essen (Institute for Advanced Study in the Humanities at Essen) and is Professor of History and Historical Culture at the University of Witten-Herdecke.
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication30/06/2010
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleMaking Sense of History
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 12
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight537 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byBernard Lategan,Jorn Rusen,Mamadou Diawara
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.