All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA classic historical excursion through the English language.
- Author BiographyOwen Barfield (1898-1997), British philosopher and critic, has been called the First and Last Inkling because of his influential and enduring role in the group known as the Oxford Inklings, which included C.S. lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, and Charles Williams. It was Barfield who first advanced the ideas about language, myth, and belief that became identified with the thought and art of the Inklings. The author of numerous books, his history of the evolution of human consciousness, Saving the Appearances: A Study in Idolatry, achieved a place in the list of the '100 Best Spiritual Books of the Century'.
- Author(s)Owen Barfield
- PublisherSteinerBooks, Inc
- Date of Publication04/04/1998
- Place of PublicationGreat Barringron
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLindisfarne Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight324 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Foreword byW. H. Auden
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.15
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.36
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.64Trending at £24.17
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.