All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.19
- £13.56Trending at £17.30
- £8.99Trending at £11.20
- £31.22Trending at £32.41
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £25.98Trending at £26.99
- £24.84Trending at £26.99
About this product
- DescriptionPsychiatry has always straddled the boundary between social and biological science. Here, interdisciplinary contributors trace psychiatry's evolution in its social, political, and philosophical contexts, charting its rise as a legitimate medical specialty.
- Author BiographyEdwin Wallace IV, M.D., is Professor of Psychiatry and Research Professor of Bioethics at the University of South Carolina. Until 1995 he was Professor and Vice Chairman of the Department of Psychiatry and Health Behavior at the Medical College of Georgia. In 1984 he published Historiography and Causation in Psychoanalysis (Analytic Press) and is generally regarded as an expert on the history of psychiatry and medical psychology. Dr. Wallace is a cofounder of the Association for the Advancement of Philosophy and Psychiatry (a 1200-member international organization that publishes a quarterly journal Philosophy, Psychiatry, and Psychology with Johns Hopkins University Press). John Gach is owner and president of John Gach Books, Inc., an antiquarian bookselling firm that has specialized in rare and out-of-print psychiatry, psychoanalysis, psychology, and neuroscience for 35 years. Regarded as a leading authority on the bibliography of books in the fields his firm deals in, Gach has published a number of review essays in journals such as the Journal of the History of the Behavioral Sciences, and a chapter in Essays in the History of Psychiatry, edited by Edwin Wallace and Lucius Pressley. Most recently he edited for Thoemmes Press the series Foundations of Psychiatry and Neuroscience, which reprinted both the eighth German edition of Emil Kraepelin's Psychiatrie and the five Kraepelin titles published in English during his lifetime. He has also been engaged in a long term project to describe and comprehend the phenomenology of book collecting, about which topic he has lectured.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/11/2007
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note1 Tables, black and white; 1 Illustrations, black and white; XLIX, 862 p. 1 illus.
- Weight1898 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byEdwin R. Wallace,John Gach
- Edition Statement2008 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.