Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £13.98Trending at £14.98
- £36.44Trending at £39.49
- £11.78Trending at £11.98
- £10.99Trending at £15.69
- £6.95Trending at £7.09
- £22.62Trending at £24.29
- £13.92Trending at £17.70
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for the one-semester anatomy and physiology course, this book assumes no prior science knowledge and supports core topics with clinical applications, making difficult concepts relevant to students pursuing careers in the allied health field.
- Author BiographyDavid Shier has more than thirty years of experience teaching anatomy and physiology, primarily to premedical, nursing, dental, and allied health students. He has effectively incorporated his extensive teaching experience into another student-friendly revision of Hole's Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology and Hole's Human Anatomy and Physiology. His interest in physiology and teaching began with a job as a research assistant at Harvard Medical School from 1976-1979. He completed his Ph.D. at the University of Michigan in 1984, and served on the faculty of the Medical College of Ohio from 1985-1989. He began teaching at Washtenaw Community College in 1990. David has recent experience in online course delivery, including recording lectures for so-called flipped classrooms. He has also been interested in the relationship between pedagogy and assessment, and the use of tools traditionally associated with assessment (e.g. lab quizzes) as pedagogical tools, often associated with group activities. Jackie Butler's professional background includes work at the University of Texas Health Science Center conducting research about the genetics of bilateral retinoblastoma. She later worked at Houston's M. D. Anderson Hospital investigating remission in leukemia patients. A popular educator for more than thirty years at Grayson College, Jackie has taught microbiology and human anatomy and physiology for health science majors. Her experience and work with students of various educational backgrounds have contributed significantly to another revision of Hole's Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology and Hole's Human Anatomy and Physiology. Jackie Butler received her B.S. and M.S. degrees from Texas A&M University, focusing on microbiology, including courses in immunology and epidemiology. Ricki Lewis has built an eclectic career in communicating the excitement of genetics.
- Author(s)David N. Shier,Jackie L. Butler,Ricki Lewis
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/03/2014
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Out-of-print date03/04/2017
- Weight1520 g
- Width231 mm
- Height282 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edition Statement12th edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.