Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.58
- £13.11Trending at £13.40
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £20.03
- £18.33Trending at £24.05
- £14.76Trending at £17.25
- £4.32Trending at £4.73
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on the records of studio personnel, independent exhibitors, moviegoers, and the motion pictures themselves, this title analyzes what was wrong - and right - with Hollywood at the end of a heralded decade, and how the industry's troubles changed the making and marketing of films in 1938 and beyond.
- Author BiographyCatherine Jurca is Professor of English at California Institute of Technology. She is the author of White Diaspora: The Suburb and the Twentieth Century American Novel.
- Author(s)Catherine Jurca
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication28/03/2012
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note15 b/w photographs, 1 table
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.