Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £4.59Trending at £4.74
- £13.85Trending at £23.05
- £12.58Trending at £22.99
- £12.58Trending at £15.92
- £9.79Trending at £12.02
- £3.33Trending at £6.01
- £19.77Trending at £28.02
About this product
- DescriptionThrough close readings of films by US filmmakers such as Quentin Tarantino, David Lynch, Errol Morris, and, Joel and Ethan Coen, this work studies provocative, disorienting strategies of genre mixing in contemporary cinema. It also explores foreign parallels to US hybrid cinema in films by such directors as Pedro Almodovar and Stephen Chow.
- Author BiographyIra Jaffe is professor emeritus and former chair of the Department of Media Arts at the University of New Mexico. He is co-editor of Redirecting the Gaze: Gender, Theory, and Cinema in the Third World and author of essays about Robert Altman, Charlie Chaplin, Errol Morris, and Orson Welles. He founded UNM's International Cinema Lecture Series and Latin American Film Festival as well as the Department of Media Arts.
- Author(s)Ira Jaffe
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication29/10/2007
- GenreFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleGenre and Beyond: A Film Studies Series
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight313 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.