All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £26.44
- £19.99Trending at £22.65
- £9.24Trending at £10.99
- £26.45Trending at £28.07
- £30.79Trending at £34.35
- £16.99Trending at £18.63
- £15.72Trending at £23.07
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the intersections of social marginality, morality, and magic in contemporary Brazil by analyzing the beliefs and religious practices related to the Afro-Brazilian spirit entity Pomba Gira. This title provides an intimate account of the intricate relationship between Pomba Gira and one of her devotees, Nazare da Silva.
- Author BiographyKelly E. Hayes is Assistant Professor of Religion at Indiana University.
- Author(s)Kelly E. Hayes
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication11/05/2011
- Language(s)English, Portuguese
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Out-of-print date20/04/2017
- Content Note18 b/w photographs
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.