All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInstead of freeing the world from religion, secularization has encouraged a kind of holy ignorance to take root. This book explores the options available to powers that hope to integrate or control these groups; and whether marginalization or homogenization will further divide believers from their culture.
- Author BiographyOlivier Roy is research director at the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) in Paris. His books with Hurst include Globalised Islam and The Politics of Chaos in the Middle East.
- Author(s)Olivier Roy
- PublisherC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2010
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintC Hurst & Co Publishers Ltd
- Width145 mm
- Height225 mm
- Translated byRos Schwartz
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.10
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.