Holy Motherhood: Gender, Dynasty and Visual Culture in the Later Middle Ages by Elizabeth L'Estrange (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £38.26Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- £11.40Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by better_world_books_uk
- Est. delivery by 27 Sep
All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £8.27Trending at £10.97
- £15.01Trending at £16.97
- £13.77Trending at £19.47
- £19.14Trending at £30.61
- £31.44Trending at £50.84
- £11.27Trending at £18.08
- £16.47Trending at £25.00
About this product
- DescriptionBrings images of holy motherhood and childbearing into the centre of an art-historical enquiry. Focuses on miniatures of the birth of the Virgin and the mothers of the Holy Kinship in Books of Hours made for aristocratic women in relation to the dynastic importance of heirs and the material culture of childbearing. -- .
- Author BiographyElizabeth L'Estrange is a Lecturer in the History of Art at the University of Birmingham -- .
- PrizesWinner of Winner of the Society for Medieval Feminist Scholarship First Book Prize 2010 (United States).
- Author(s)Elizabeth L'Estrange
- PublisherManchester University Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2012
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleManchester Medieval Studies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintManchester University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, black & white|Illustrations, colour
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.