Home at Last: How Two Young Women with Profound Intellectual and Multiple Disabilities Achieved Their Own Home by Jean Willson, etc., Carol O'Brien, Pat Fitton (Paperback, 1995)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £3.14Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by cmedia_group
- Est. delivery by 31 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is based on the conviction that people with profound intellectual and multiple disabilities have the right to an independent and meaningful lifestyle. Written by the parents of two young women with disabilities, it follows the attempts to help them achieve their dream of a home of their own, supported by twenty-four hour care.
- Author BiographyPat Fitton's experience of profound and multiple disabilities comes from caring for her daughter Kathy, who died in 1991 at the age of twenty-seven. She has worked in several parents' groups to improve services and has campaigned to increase parental participation in planning procedures in social services and health. She has taught in inner London secondary schools since 1964 and has been involved with the integration into mainstream of children with a range of disabilities. Jean Willson's experience comes from caring for her daughter Victoria. She does consultancy work on a range of issues connected with learning disabilities, and works both locally and nationally to improve services for people with profound multiple disabilities and their carers. Carol O' Brien has been involved in developing community-based services and projects for people with disabilities, and as a freelance consultant has worked with parents and other professionals to set up a house in Camden similar to Victoria's and Kathy's.
- Author(s)Carol O'Brien,Jean Willson,Pat Fitton,etc.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/04/1995
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight399 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Foreword byJames Hogg
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.31Trending at £16.10
- £21.70Trending at £22.06
- £22.55Trending at £23.38
- £27.19Trending at £29.68
- £21.52Trending at £22.49
- £19.77Trending at £21.59
- £16.83Trending at £18.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.