CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.75
- £8.49Trending at £9.61
- £6.50Trending at £12.03
- £27.17Trending at £31.43
- £5.01Trending at £5.76
- £10.99Trending at £15.03
- £5.41Trending at £5.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an attempt to shed new light, via the tenets of oral-formulaic theory, on the evolution and meaning of several dozen words and phrases found in early Greek epic whose etymologies have puzzled philologists for over 2500 years.
- Author BiographySteve Reece, Ph.D. (1990) in Classics, University of California, Los Angeles, is Professor of Classics at Saint Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota. He has published widely on Homeric studies, New Testament studies, comparative oral traditions, historical linguistics, and pedagogy.
- Author(s)Steve Reece
- Date of Publication20/05/2009
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleMnemosyne, Supplements
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight820 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.