All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.36Trending at £4.51
- £9.51Trending at £9.95
- £2.70Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.30
- £9.81Trending at £12.44
- £6.88Trending at £7.06
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication08/11/2011
- GenreLife Sciences: Zoology
- Series TitleCurrent Topics in Molecular Endocrinology
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight926 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byFrank French
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1975
- Table Of ContentsSteroid synthesis and metabolism: in vitro studies.- 1. Distribution of steroids, steroid production and steroid metabolizing enzymes in rat testis.- 2. Androgen metabolism in the seminiferous tubule.- 3. Androgen synthesis and metabolism by preparations from the seminiferous tubule of the rat testis.- 4. Gonadotropic regulation of 5?-reductase activity in the interstitial cells and whole testis homogenate of the immature rat.- 5. Compartmentation of microsomal cytochrome P-450 and 17?-hydroxylase activity in the rat testis.- 6. Synthesis of estradiol-l7? by Sertoli cells in culture: Stimulation by FSH and dibutyryl cyclic AMP.- 7. Comparison of steroid metabolism in testicular compartments of human and rat testes.- 8. Biosynthesis and metabolism of testosterone in isolated germ cells of the rat and the ram and in the Sertoli cells of the rat.- 9. Testicular enzymes related to steroid metabolism.- Steroid synthesis and metabolism: perfusion and superfusion studies.- 10. Perfusion of the male rat reproductive tract: A model for the study of androgen secretion and action.- 11. Some factors affecting testosterone, dihydrotestosterone, 5?-androstan-3?, 17?-diol and 5?-androstan-3?, 17?-diol secretion by in vitro perfused rabbit testes.- 12. Metabolism and secretion of androgens by rat seminiferous tubules: Tracer superfusion studies.- 13. Local increase in concentration of steroids by venous-arterial transfer in the pampiniform plexus.- Steroid hormones in the seminiferous tubule.- 14. Regulation of testosterone and dihydrotestosterone levels in rete testis fluid. Evidence for androgen biosynthesis in seminiferous tubules in vivo.- 15. Concentration of steroid hormones and androgen binding protein (ABP) in rabbit efferent duct fluid.- 16. The blood - testis barrier and steroids.- Androgen receptors.- 17. Physicochemical and biological properties of androgen receptors.- 18. Androgen receptor in rat testis.- 19. Localization of androgen receptors in rat testis: Biochemical studies.- 20. Androgen receptors in testis tissue enriched in Sertoli cells.- 21. Androgen binding in the testis: In vitro production of androgen binding protein (ABP) by Sertoli cell cultures and measurement of nuclear bound androgen by a nuclear exchange assay.- 22. Localization of androgen target cells in the rat testis: Autoradiographic studies.- Hormonal regulation of Sertoli cell function.- 23. Testicular androgen binding protein (ABP) - A parameter of Sertoli cell secretory function.- 24. Hormonal regulation of the seminiferous tubule Function.- 25. Invitro synthesis of testicular androgen binding protein (ABP): Stimulation by FSH and androgen.- 26. Biochemical responses of cultured Sertoli cell-enriched preparations to follicle stimulating hormone and dibutyryl cyclic AMP.- 27. FSH-induction of androgen binding protein in testes of Sertoli cell-only rats.- 28 Culture and FSH responses of Sertoli cells isolated from sexually mature rat testis.- 29 Stimulation by follicle stimulating hormone and dibutyryl cyclic AMP of incorporation of 3H-thymidine into nuclear DNA of cultured Sertoli cell-enriched preparations from immature rats.- Purification of testicular proteins.- 30. On three varieties of specific basic proteins associated with mammalian spermatogenesis.- 31. Purification and characterization of rabbit testicular androgen binding protein (ABP).- Morphological studies on the seminiferous tubule.- 32. Transcription during mammalian spermatogenesis with special reference to Sertoli cells.- 33. Histochemical and ultrastructural observations on normal and follicle stimulating hormone-injected prepuberal rat Sertoli cells.- 34. Follicle stimulating hormone and cyclic AMP directed changes in ultrastructure and properties of cultured Sertoli cell-enriched preparations: Comparison with cultured testicular peritubular cells.- 35. Possible boundary tissue function in isolated seminiferous tubules.- 36. Conference Summary.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.