All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £17.92
- £14.86Trending at £17.00
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £24.99Trending at £42.65
- £6.52Trending at £7.18
- £6.10Trending at £6.27
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
About this product
- DescriptionPays special homage to the valiant efforts of the Great Northern Railway (Ireland) in maintaining two of the most delightful components of the Irish railway scene in an era when their special qualities were yet to be fully appreciated. This book offers a pictorial tribute to these two tram systems which are still fondly remembered by many.
- Author BiographyAfter an initial period as a 'mourner' in the fifties at branch line funerals in the UK and Ireland, Tony Burges pursued studies at Southampton University followed by graduate school at Northwestern University, Chicago. His subsequent career in the Canadian government as Transport Policy Advisor in the Department of Finance, Director General, Grain Transportation & Handling, and subsequently Deputy Executive Director, Australian Railway Research & Development Organization earned him the sobriquet of 'Mr Branchline' among his colleagues. Retiring recently from a Washington DC based firm of transportation consultants he is now devoting his time to writing railway books in Ottawa. He is also the author of Railways in Ulster's Lakeland and other Irish titles published by Colourpoint Books, as listed on the inside rear cover.
- Author(s)Anthony Burges
- PublisherColourpoint Books
- Date of Publication01/12/2008
- GenreRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationNewtownards
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintColourpoint Books
- Content Notechiefly Illustrations, maps
- Width237 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine4 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.