All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHaving explored the world of cats and dogs, the author turns his zoological mind to horses and such questions as: How intelligent are they? How do they greet each other? Why does a horseshoe bring good luck? Why do we not eat horses?
- Author BiographyDesmond Morris studied animal behavior under the famous Dutch ethologist Niko Tinbergen at Oxford University. He then became Curator of Mammals at London Zoo, where he established his own behavior research group. For thirty years he has presented animal and human behavior in many popular television series, including The Animals Roadshow, which he has made the subject of a recent book. His book The Naked Ape added a new term to the English language and was a worldwide success. Other bestsellers include Catwatching, Dogwatching and Catlore.
- Author(s)Desmond Morris
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication20/10/1988
- GenreNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJonathan Cape Ltd
- Out-of-print date06/04/1999
- Content Noteb&w illustrations
- Weight306 g
- Width140 mm
- Height220 mm
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £23.48Trending at £24.54
- £13.79Trending at £19.11
- £19.26Trending at £26.15
- £8.82Trending at £12.48
- £11.31Trending at £12.32
- £11.54Trending at £15.30
- £16.94Trending at £21.42
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.