All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeet Hotab, a Senti and member of the United Nations Frontier Service and an inspiration. Raised by humans as a young boy, he was passed on some very special witch doctoring skills. The Martian way is to help others and his mission, along with other species to help him, is to locate new planets and pass his teachings on.
- Author BiographyThe author was born in 1937, Bromley, when it was Kent not another London suburb. Evacuated to Canada at 2, then he came back to England at 4 1/2. Ships were torpedoed in both directions but neither sank. John attended Infant School, St. Olaves, New Eltham and then Cannock House, Eltham. The Headmaster learned his mother was a leading Spiritualist medium so nearly every time he walked past him he would come out with the Gilbert and Sullivan song 'My name is John Wellington Wells, I'm a dealer in magic and spells.' He was transferred from Cannock House to Dartford Technical School on the headmaster's recommendation. So John started at Tech, 2 years later than anyone else. Not easy as turning from Classical Latin, etc. to Physics, Chemistry, Tech-drawing, Woodwork, Metal-work, etc, 2 years late was hard work. The author went into engineering design on leaving school as a draughts-man. Designing power stations, oil rigs, ethylene plants, breweries, distilleries, sewage plants, etc. The only book he produced at that stage was a design manual for York International at Basildon (Industrial Refrigeration Division) John believes it is still used. Draughting then was turning from pencil and paper to computer so he had trouble finding work. This English teacher at Dartford Tech rubbished all his essays, so when the author was between jobs about 50 years after leaving school, he thought 'I'll show him' and started writing his first book.
- Author(s)John A. Wells
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication29/02/2016
- GenreScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleUnited Nations Frontier Service
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Fantasy
Save on Fantasy
- £34.00Trending at £47.83
- £37.66Trending at £47.99
- £18.56Trending at £22.03
- £4.70Trending at £8.98
- £12.63Trending at £16.55
- £5.95Trending at £6.98
- £4.79Trending at £5.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.