CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.65
- £13.11Trending at £13.46
- £5.35Trending at £5.98
- £10.99Trending at £19.98
- £18.33Trending at £24.10
- £14.76Trending at £17.33
- £4.32Trending at £4.74
About this product
- DescriptionFounded in a working-class neighborhood in southeast Houston in 1941, Gold Star/SugarHill Recording Studios is a major independent studio that has produced a multitude of influential hit records in various genres. This book chronicles the history of Gold Star/SugarHill.
- Author BiographyANDY BRADLEY has been a professional recording engineer since 1978 and has served as SugarHill's chief engineer for the past 25 years. He has worked on Grammy-nominated projects with extensive credits in classical, jazz, Latin, blues, rock, folk, country, and every imaginable flavor of gospel music. ROGER WOOD is the author of Texas Zydeco and Down in Houston: Bayou City Blues. A Professor of English at Houston Community College Central, he also is a contributing writer to The Roots of Texas Music, The Handbook of Texas Music, Encyclopedia of the Blues, and various other books and periodicals.
- Author(s)Andy Bradley,Roger Wood
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- GenreMusic & Dance
- Series TitleBrad & Michele Moore Roots Music Series
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Out-of-print date14/02/2017
- Content Note30 b&w photos
- Weight681 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.