All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a panoramic view of nature, from quarks to the edge of the universe. It holds this wide range of topics together by addressing the question how big are things and why are they that size. The book is full of curios as well as interesting facts and unique descriptions of dozens of things in the universe.
- Author BiographyTim Smith is a Research Professor at Dartmouth College where he teaches Physics and Environmental Studies. Before then he was a Research Scientist at the MIT accelerator where he spent a decade as part of a team building an experiment to measure the arrangement of quarks inside of neutrons and protons. He has written magazine articles about neutrons, wind power and hiking. In this book he gets to explore all that and much more.
- Author(s)Timothy Paul Smith
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication24/10/2013
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note61 b/w illustrations
- Weight450 g
- Width153 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine21 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.97
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.12Trending at £10.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.