All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £11.34
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
About this product
- DescriptionExclusion from social groups is a source of conflict, stress and tension in social life around the globe. How do children and adolescents evaluate exclusion based on group membership? This is the report of an investigation of social exclusion in the contexts of friendship, peer groups and school.
- Author BiographyMelanie Killen (University of Maryland) is Professor of Human Development and Associate Director of the Center for Children, Relationships, and Culture at the University of Maryland. She is co-editor (with Daniel Hart) of Morality in Everyday Life: Developmental Perspectives, co-editor (with Jonas Langer) of Piaget, Evolution, and Development, and editor of Children s Autonomy, Social Competence and Interactions with Adults and Children. Her research area is social and moral development, including social reasoning about group inclusion and exclusion, implicit biases about groups, and cultural influences on development. Jennie Lee-Kim (University of Maryland) is a doctoral student at the University of Maryland. Her dissertation is one how Korean-American children evaluate girls peer activity preferences. Heidi McGlothlin (University of Maryland) is a doctoral student at the University of Maryland. Her dissertation is on children s implicit racial biases and the role of social experience on these types of biases. Charles Stangor (University of Maryland) is Professor of Psychology at the University of Maryland. He is co-editor (with Neil Macrae and Miles Hewstone) of Stereotypes and Stereotyping and co-editor (with Janet Swim) of Prejudice: The Target s Perspective. His research area is intergroup relations, with a focus on stereotyping and prejudice.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/02/2003
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleMonographs of the Society for Research in Child Development
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Content Note0
- Weight210 g
- Width155 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byCharles Stangor,Heidi Mcglothlin,Jennie Lee-Kim,Melanie Killen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.