All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresenting an account of the author's childhood in Czechoslovakia, this title features the tales of the his father's battle to provide for his family both in wealthy freedom and in terrifying persecution.
- Author BiographyOta Pavel (1930-1973) worked for much of his short life as a journalist and sports reporter. Despite serious bouts of mental illness he wrote brilliant, lyrical accounts, some collected in How I Came to Know Fish, of his childhood and his family in a Czechoslovakia under overwhelming threat from Nazism.
- Author(s)Ota Pavel
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication06/05/2010
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitlePenguin Modern Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight114 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.00Trending at £4.78
- £1.63Trending at £2.20
- £2.57Trending at £2.79
- £5.47Trending at £5.59
- £6.19Trending at £6.85
- £4.08Trending at £4.17
- £3.43Trending at £4.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.