All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA candid, moving and inspirational memoir about a high-flying business man who is forced to re-evaluate his life and values when he suddenly loses everything and goes to work in Starbucks.
- Author BiographyMichael Gates Gill was born with all the material advantages that America can offer, with an acclaimed New Yorker staff writer for a father, and spent his childhood surrounded by famous intellectuals and socially connected people. After graduating from Yale he was given a job with the help of a classmate as a Creative Director at J. Walter Thompson, the most successful and largest advertising agency in the world. Then after 25 years of devoting his life to work, he was suddenly fired and his life at the top of the American establishment became derailed. He found himself broke, his marriage dissolving, learned he needed a brain operation, and was desperately looking for work to help support his five children. Then he found a job at Starbucks where he still works as a barista.
- Author(s)Michael Gill
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication06/08/2007
- GenreAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date04/11/2010
- Weight411 g
- Width141 mm
- Height222 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £7.82Trending at £9.11
- £13.80Trending at £20.41
- £17.38Trending at £22.94
- £18.07Trending at £21.70
- £13.77Trending at £18.99
- £13.69Trending at £18.63
- £13.23Trending at £18.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.