All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHelps solve some of the most enduring puzzles in military history, such as why Abraham Lincoln issued the Emancipation Proclamation, why Germany in 1918 renewed its attack in the West after securing peace with Russia in the East, and why Britain refused to seek peace terms with Germany after France fell in 1940.
- Author BiographyDan Reiter is professor and chair of political science at Emory University. He is the author of Crucible of Beliefs: Learning, Alliances, and World Wars and the coauthor of Democracies at War (Princeton).
- PrizesWinner of American Political Science Association Conflict Processes Section Best Book Award 2010. Runner-up for Choice Magazine Outstanding Reference/Academic Book Award 2010. Commended for Council on Foreign Relations Arthur Ross Book Award 2010. Shortlisted for Council on Foreign Relations Arthur Ross Book Award 2010.
- Author(s)Dan Reiter
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication17/08/2009
- GenreMilitary History
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note3 halftones. 3 line illus. 1 table.
- Weight485 g
- Width152 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.80
- £19.15Trending at £19.99
- £17.44Trending at £25.11
- £17.24Trending at £25.11
- £20.79Trending at £35.16
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £23.75Trending at £35.00
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.