All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom disturbing new research on concussions to publicly-financed stadiums that benefit wealthy team owners, Ken Reed argues that much of our sports culture is broken, driven by win-at-all-costs and profit-at-all-costs values and policies. Reed outlines the most pressing challenges in sports today and offers practical solutions for change.
- Author BiographyKen Reed is sports policy director for the League of Fans, a sports reform project started by Ralph Nader. Reed is a long-time sports marketing consultant, sports studies instructor, sports issues analyst, columnist and author. He holds a doctorate in sports administration and created the Center for the Advancement of Physical Education (CAPE) for the non-profit PE4Life, devoted to cardiovascular-based physical education for all students, K-12. He blogs on sports issues for the Huffington Post.
- Author(s)Ken Reed
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication05/02/2015
- GenreGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight449 g
- Width159 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Foreword byRalph Nader
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.48
- £18.69Trending at £23.70
- £3.95Trending at £4.04
- £10.30Trending at £15.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.