All listings for this product
Best-selling in Dictionaries & Reference
Save on Dictionaries & Reference
- £66.59Trending at £105.63
- £16.67Trending at £20.27
- £15.37Trending at £20.31
- £2.99Trending at £4.00
- £43.83Trending at £46.04
- £5.57Trending at £6.98
- £23.53Trending at £30.03
About this product
- DescriptionFacts often acquire a life of their own; the stories in this book explain why.
- Author BiographyPeter Howlett is an expert on the economic history of the First and Second World Wars and contributed the text for the official history: Fighting with Figures. Dr Howlett's publications also explore international economic growth and convergence since 1870 and the development of internal labor markets and have appeared in edited volumes and journals such as the Economic History Review, Explorations in Economic History and Business History. He teaches at the London School of Economics and is Secretary of the Economic History Society. Mary S. Morgan is Professor of History and Philosophy of Economics at the London School of Economics and the University of Amsterdam. She has published widely on topics ranging from statistics to experiments to narrative, and from social Darwinism in late-nineteenth-century America to game theory in the Cold War. Her major works include The History of Econometric Ideas (Cambridge, 1990), The Foundations of Econometric Analysis (Cambridge, 1995, co-edited with David F. Hendry), and Models as Mediators (Cambridge, 1999, co-edited with Margaret Morrison). Professor Morgan's account of scientific modeling is forthcoming in The World in the Model. She is currently engaged in the research project 'Re-Thinking Case Studies Across the Social Sciences' as a British Academy-Wolfson Research Professor.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication15/11/2010
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note51 b/w illus.
- Weight640 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byMary S. Morgan,Peter Howlett
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.