Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £4.95Trending at £6.98
- £8.21Trending at £10.48
- £10.97Trending at £12.38
- £16.82Trending at £23.99
- £14.49Trending at £19.95
- £8.84Trending at £12.95
- £7.75Trending at £7.96
About this product
- DescriptionA completely original history of one of the most extraordinary movements in the world -- the Girl Guides -- and how they helped win the war.
- Author BiographyJanie Hampton is the author of fifteen books including biography, fiction and text books. She has been a journalist in Africa, a producer at the BBC World Service and has written articles for the Sunday Times, The Times, the Independent, the Guardian, the Daily Telegraph and the New Statesman. She has worked in Zimbabwe, Kenya, Zaire, Rwanda and Uganda, living in rural communities, travelling by canoe, bus, river-boat and train.
- Author(s)Janie Hampton
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication05/08/2010
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date22/11/2011
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight683 g
- Width159 mm
- Height240 mm
Most relevant reviews
- cursillohippo13 Oct, 2011by
A fascinating insight into the Girl Guides.
A very interesting and well-researched book. I hope people outside Girlguiding read it as it gives a real insight into the activities that Guides do and what Guides are capable of.
- bex38505 Sep, 2011by
Great value at any price you pay for this book - it's just so amazing !!!
This book will open your eyes to what girls and young women have done for this country and others during the war. From running schools to prison of war camps to secret messages it is just so amazing and having been a guide leader for 30 years I found it so very heart rending. Do read this - I will meet Janie Hampton at our County Review this November and hopefully she will sign my new hard back version of the book.