All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn important new history of air and sea power in World War II and its decisive role in Allied victory.
- Author BiographyPhillips Payson O'Brien gained a PhD in History after two years working on Wall Street. Since then, he has published a range of works on British and American strategic and political history during the first half of the twentieth century. More recently, he has taken a leading role as a commentator on defence issues and the debate over Scottish Independence. He has testified in front of UK parliamentary committees, and advised major European governments on the course of the campaign. Through this work he has gained media experience, appearing as a regular commentator for the BBC and STV, and publishing opinion pieces in the Scotsman and the Scottish Herald. He has received awards or research fellowships from the Carnegie Foundation, the US Naval History and Heritage Command, and the Herbert Hoover and Franklin Roosevelt Presidential libraries. He has also been invited to Japan twice to speak on World War II at the National Institute of Defence Studies (Tokyo).
- Author(s)Dr. Phillips Payson O'Brien
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/02/2015
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleCambridge Military Histories
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note100 b/w illus. 8 maps 33 tables
- Weight1160 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine34 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.15
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.36
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.64Trending at £24.17
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.