All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Beth Shapiro
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication20/03/2015
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Content Note16 color illus. 2 halftones. 9 line illus.
- Weight571 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Table Of ContentsPrologue ix Chapter 1 Reversing Extinction 1 Chapter 2 Select a Species 17 Chapter 3 Find a Well-Preserved Specimen 51 Chapter 4 Create a Clone 73 Chapter 5 Breed Them Back 99 Chapter 6 Reconstruct the Genome 109 Chapter 7 Reconstruct Part of the Genome 125 Chapter 8 Now Create a Clone 141 Chapter 9 Make More of Them 159 Chapter 10 Set Them Free 175 Chapter 11 Should We? 189 Acknowledgments 209 Notes 211 Index 213
- Author BiographyBeth Shapiro is associate professor of ecology and evolutionary biology at the University of California, Santa Cruz. Her work has appeared in numerous publications, and she received a MacArthur Award in 2009.
- PrizesWinner of PROSE Awards: Popular Science & Popular Mathematics 2016. Runner-up for AAAS/Subaru SB&F Prize for Excellence in Science Books: Young Adult Science Book 2016.
Best-selling in Superheroes
Save on Superheroes
- £5.99Trending at £6.81
- £5.06Trending at £6.04
- £6.00Trending at £6.53
- £7.31Trending at £13.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.