All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTakes a look at the practice and experience of doing research in the social sciences as well as in related subjects such as education, business studies and health and social care. This book is aimed at those, particularly the less experienced, who are involved in small-scale research projects at college or at work.
- Author BiographyDr Loraine Blaxter is a Research Associate and Lecturer in Continuing Education at the University of Warwick. She has taught research methods at Oxford, Papua New Guinea and Warwick Universities. Her current research is on the place of education in adults' careers. She has published widely in academic and professional journals. Dr Christina Hughes is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Continuing Education at the University of Warwick. Her research interests include the development of research methodologies and the relations between learning and work. She is co-editor of Gender and Education, and her publications include Stepparents: Wicked or Wonderful? (1991) and Stepparents, Stepchildren (1994). Professor Malcolm Tight is Reader in Continuing Education at the University of Warwick. He researches post-compulsory education policy and practice, and the relations between adult and organizational learning. His publications include Higher Education: a part time perspective (Open University Press, 1990) Open Universities: a British tradition? (with Robert Bell, Open University Press, 1993) and Key Concepts in Adult Education and Training (1996). The authors have also published The Academic Career Handbook (Open University Press, 1998).
- Author(s)Christina Hughes,Lorraine Blaxter,Malcolm Tight
- PublisherOpen University Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2001
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationMilton Keynes
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOpen University Press
- Out-of-print date21/09/2006
- Content Noteillustrations, references, index
- Weight490 g
- Width154 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £25.45Trending at £26.50
- £26.30Trending at £27.70
- £17.99Trending at £19.46
- £7.47Trending at £8.08
- £8.23Trending at £11.99
- £8.30Trending at £8.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.