All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Mark S. Elliott
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication13/08/2010
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHow To Books Ltd
- Weight794 g
- Width193 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsAcknowledgments; Preface; 1. All about you; 2. What kind of pub?; 3. Finding the right pub; 4. Funding the business; 5. Licensing law; 6. Planning for success; 7. Applying for a tenancy or new lease; 8. Buying a freehold property; 9. Professional services; 10. Business structure 11. Opening a bank account; 12. Arranging insurance; 13. Book-keeping and accounts; 14. Marketing; 15. Staff; 16. Drinks; 17. Pub food 18. Amusement machines; 19. Complying with other regulations; Appendices; Index.
- Author BiographyMARK S ELLIOTT has spent 25 years working in various management roles within the tenanted and leased divisions of the UK's largest breweries and pub companies. His extensive knowledge and day-to-day involvement with pubs and publicans make him well qualified to know what is required to run a successful pub. He shares his knowledge and many insider tips with you in this book.
Most relevant reviews
- haighy7521 Apr, 2011by
A good reference book for Publicans.
This is a very good book for those who are thinking of running a pub. Lots of very good guides on a very wide range of subjects including a scrutiny on your self as well as information on Marketing, Ordering, Book Keeping, all obligations etc., Lots of very useful information set out in an easy to understand way. A great reference to going back to time after time. recommended.
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £19.99Trending at £20.41
- £35.00Trending at £67.49
- £5.96Trending at £6.07
- £7.50Trending at £7.69
- £5.22Trending at £8.99
- £6.16Trending at £6.99
- £13.11Trending at £14.88