Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.65
- £13.11Trending at £13.46
- £5.35Trending at £5.98
- £10.99Trending at £19.98
- £18.33Trending at £24.18
- £14.76Trending at £17.33
- £4.32Trending at £4.74
About this product
- DescriptionHow do we accommodate a growing urban population in a way that is sustainable, equitable, and inviting? This book provides a history of public-life study as well as methods and tools necessary to recapture city life as an important planning dimension. It offers those interested in improving city life, inspiration, tools, and examples.
- Author BiographyJan Gehl is a founding partner of Gehl Architects - Urban Quality Consultants. He is the author of Life Between Buildings and Cities for People. He has received numerous awards for his work and is widely credited with creating and renewing urban spaces in cities around the world, including Copenhagen, Melbourne, New York City, London, and many others. Birgitte Bundesen Svarre holds an MA in modern culture from the University of Copenhagen and a PhD from the School of Architecture in Copenhagen. She is part of Gehl Institute, the division at Gehl Architects that works with research and communication of knowledge at workshops for city planners, politicians and others with interest in life in the cities - as well as suburbs, a topic she has specialised in. She is a guest lecturer at various universities.
- Author(s)Birgitte Svarre,Jan Gehl
- PublisherIsland Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2013
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIsland Press
- Content Notefour-colour throughout: 30 figures, 5 tables, 80 photographs
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.