Consider these sponsored items
- £52.12Was:£67.00Free postage
- £70.19Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBased on widely tested educational and learning theories, this book teaches study techniques such as visual thinking, active listening, concentration, note taking, and test taking, while also incorporating material on vocabulary building.
- Author BiographyA true pioneer in the field of study skills, Dr. Walter Pauk has been dispensing common-sense advice to students for more than half a century. Pauk led the way in advocating the now popular wide margin note-taking strategy commonly known as the Cornell System. A licensed psychologist and trusted teacher, Pauk was director of the Reading-Study Center at Cornell University, where he earned his PhD in Psychology and Education and remains Professor Emeritus. He is the author of more than 100 books. A long-time collaborator with Dr. Walter Pauk, Ross Owens earned his BA cum laude in English and film at Carleton College and did graduate work in film at the University of Iowa and the University of Maryland, where he also taught film history, filmmaking, and public speaking. Since first teaming with Dr. Pauk in 1982, Owens has contributed to a number of books on reading and study skills. In addition, he has written numerous articles on Internet-related topics and is an accomplished computer programmer.
- Author(s)Ross J.Q. Owens,Walter Pauk
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication09/01/2013
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight742 g
- Width216 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement11th edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.50
- £18.69Trending at £23.69
- £9.95Trending at £10.14
- £56.83Trending at £57.83
- £10.30Trending at £15.09
- £11.61Trending at £14.99
- £7.58Trending at £11.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.