CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £1.49Trending at £1.77
- £12.64Trending at £13.66
- £42.34Trending at £45.00
- £6.50Trending at £11.99
- £13.69Trending at £23.27
- £8.62Trending at £14.99
- £27.17Trending at £32.49
About this product
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/07/2015
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight612 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byDaniel P. Brown,Steven L. Ablon
- Table Of ContentsAblon, Introduction. Part I: Theoretical Considerations. Brown, Affective Development, Psychopathology, and Adaptation. Palmer, Affect and Character. Brody, On Understanding Gender Differences in the Expression of Emotion. Part II: Affect and the Life Cycle. Ablon, The Therapeutic Action of Play and Affect in Child Analysis. Harrison, Affective Interactions in Families with Young Children. Smith, Problems with Affect Tolerance in the Analysis of an Adolescent Girl. Margulies, Empathy, Virtuality, and the Birth of Complex Emotional States: Do We Find or Do We Create Feelings in the Other? Morgan, Affect in the Elderly: Do Older People Feel Differently? Part III: Trauma, Addiction, and Psychosomatics. van der Kolk, Biological Considerations about Emotions, Trauma, Memory, and the Brain. Haley, I Feel a Little Sad: The Applications of Object Relations Theory to the Hypnotherapy of Posttraumatic Stress Disorders in Vietnam Veterans. Khantzian, Affects and Addictive Suffering: A Clinical Perspective. Brown, Stress and Emotion: Implications for Illness Development and Wellness. Part IV: Transformations of Affect. Jacobs, Theory and Its Relation to Early Affective Experience. Sashin, Duke Ellington: The Creative Process and the Ability to Experience and Tolerate Affect. Mack, The Passions of Nationalism and Beyond: Identity and Power in International Relations. Part V: New Directions. Mack, Nonordinary States of Consciousness and the Accessing of Feelings. Brown, The Path of Meditation: Affective Development and Psychological Well-Being.
- Author BiographySteven L. Ablon, M.D., is a Training and Supervising Analyst at the Boston Psychoanalytic Institute and Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School at Massachusetts General Hospital. Daniel Brown, Ph.D., is Director of Daniel Brown Associates in Cambridge, MA. He is also Assistant Professor of Psychology, Harvard Medical School at The Cambridge Hospital. Edward J. Khantzian, M.D., is Associate Clinical Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School at The Cambridge Hospital, and Associate Chief of Psychiatry at Tewksbury (MA) Hospital. John E. Mack, M.D., is Professor of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School at The Cambridge Hospital. Dr. Mack is also Founding Director, Center for Psychology and Social Change.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.