Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £25.99Trending at £26.96
- £7.17Trending at £9.00
- £9.51Trending at £9.96
- £10.43Trending at £11.83
- £24.99Trending at £33.50
- £6.97Trending at £7.70
- £12.98Trending at £14.21
About this product
- Author(s)Eino Kaila
- PublisherOpen Court Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Date of Publication29/05/2014
- Series TitleFull Circle Series
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Court Publishing Co ,U.S.
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings, black & white tables, figures
- Weight357 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byGeorge A. Reisch,Ilkka Niiniluoto,Juha Manninen
- Translated byAnssi Korhonen
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsTable of Contents Introduction Preface by Eino Kaila Part I. Theory Formation 1. Search for Invariances 2. How the Search for Invariances Created Greek Science 3. The Aristotelian Conception of Knowledge 4. The Galilean Conception of Knowledge 5. Induction Part II. Formal Theory of Truth 6. Logical Truth 7. Mathematical Truth Part III. Empirical Theory of Truth 8. The Principle of Testability 9. The Logic of Physical Theories 10. Logical Behaviorism
- Author BiographyFinnish philosopher, critic, and teacher Eino Kaila (1890--1958) worked in numerous fields, including psychology, physics, and theater, and attempted to find unifying principles behind various branches of human and natural sciences. George A. Reisch is the author of How the Cold War Transformed Philosophy of Science: To the Icy Slopes of Logic. He lives in Chicago.Anssi Korhonen is the author of Logic as Universal Science: Russell's Early Logicism and its Philosophical Context. Juha Manninen is the editor of The Vienna Circle in the Nordic Countries: Networks and Transformations of Logical Empiricism. Ilkka Niiniluoto is the author of Truthlikeness. Korhonen, Manninen, and Niiniluoto live in Helsinki, Finland.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.