All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHuman Resource Management in Sport and Recreation, Third Edition, guides readers toward a greater understanding of human resource management in sport and recreation environments.
- Author BiographyPackianathan Chelladurai, PhD, is a distinguished professor in the School of Hospitality, Sport, and Tourism Management at Troy University in Troy, Alabama. Widely recognized as a leader in the field of sport management, Chelladurai has taught human resource management in sport and recreation for the past 40 years in both Canada and the United States. He is the author of six books, including Sport Management: Macro Perspectives, which was the first book to apply organizational theory to sport management. He has also written more than 115 journal articles and 39 book chapters. His writings on leadership and decision making are particularly well known; perhaps best known are his Multidimensional Model of Leadership and the Leadership Scale for Sports (LSS), which has been translated into more than 15 languages. In 1991, he served as editor of the Journal of Sport Management. He is a founding member of the North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM) and the European Association of Sport Management (EASM). He is a long-standing member of the prestigious National Academy of Kinesiology. Chelladurai received an MASc and a PhD in management science from the University of Waterloo. In 1990, the American Academy of Kinesiology and Physical Education elected him as a corresponding fellow of the academy. In 1991, he was the first recipient of NASSM's most prestigious honor, the Earle F. Zeigler Award. In 2005, the EASM bestowed on him its first-ever Award of Merit for Distinguished Services to Sport Management Education. In 2015, the EASM named its most prestigious award after Dr. Chelladurai: It is known as the EASM Chelladurai Award. He was the recipient of that award in that year. Shannon Kerwin, PhD, is an assistant professor in the department of sport management at Brock University. Her research relates to how personal and organizational values align in order to enhance important organizational outcomes. Kerwin is a member of the North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM) and Academy of Management. She received the NASSM research fellow award for research in sport management in 2015 and received the Chancellor's Chair for Teaching Excellence award from Brock University for assessing leadership development among students in 2016. She has coauthored chapters in three sport management textbooks and has over 30 articles in academic journals. Kerwin enjoys reading, running, and playing with her two children.
- Author(s)Dr Packianathan Chelladurai
- PublisherHuman Kinetics Publishers
- Date of Publication11/08/2017
- GenreGeneral Sport & Fitness Training
- Place of PublicationChampaign, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHuman Kinetics
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white halftones
- Weight5 g
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statement3rd
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £18.01
- £32.33Trending at £33.18
- £29.85Trending at £32.99
- £13.79Trending at £19.99
- £9.84Trending at £10.24
- £20.62Trending at £29.95
- £4.45Trending at £4.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.