Human Rights: Beyond the Liberal Vision by Judith R. Blau, Alberto Moncada (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £27.61Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by grey_elk_books_au_and_uk
- See details for delivery est.
- £6.37Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by bestsellersuk
- Est. delivery by 24 Oct
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £22.22Trending at £24.28
- £23.53Trending at £23.81
- £18.29Trending at £21.98
- £20.44Trending at £21.16
- £36.01Trending at £38.26
- £26.11Trending at £28.49
- £23.71Trending at £26.09
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyzes the complex relationship between human rights and liberalism as two different worldviews, and how American liberalism impedes the recognition of human rights. In order to achieve democratic, equitable, and sustainable societies, people need to be accorded fundamental human rights and to grant these rights to others.
- Author BiographyJudith Blau is professor of sociology at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, and president of the U.S. chapter of Sociologists without Borders. She is the author or editor of numerous books, including The Shape of Culture, Race in the Schools, and The Blackwell Companion to Sociology, and is currently the editor of Social Forces. Alberto Moncada is professor of sociology at the University of Madrid and president of Sociologists without Borders. He is founder of the University of Piura, Peru and its first Prorector and has served as consultant to UNESCO and the Council of Europe. Moncada is the author of over 30 books on migration, sociology of education, sociology of religion, and the media.
- Author(s)Alberto Moncada,Judith R. Blau
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication25/02/2005
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Weight349 g
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.