All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.84
- £5.42Trending at £5.51
- £14.90Trending at £16.98
- £9.16Trending at £9.52
- £18.40Trending at £19.00
- £13.65Trending at £14.10
- £7.70Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionHuman security is an important subject for the whole world, in particular Asia, as it deals with interactions among fields of social change, such as development, conflict resolution, human rights, and humanitarian assistance. This book traces the key evolutions in the development of the concept of human security.
- Author BiographyShahrbanou Tadjbakhsh is the Director of the Center for Peace and Human Security at L'Institut d' Etudes Politiques (Sciences Po) in Paris, where she teaches courses on human security and on international organizations and is editor of the Human Security Journal, an online publication. She has also taught on human security as an Adjunct Professor at Columbia University in New York. Between 1995 and 2002, she was a staff member of the United Nations Development Programme, and currently continues to work as a consultant with teams preparing national Human Development Reports. She has written numerous articles on human development, human security and gender issues as well as on the application of these discourses in Central Asia and in Afghanistan. Anuradha M. Chenoy is Professor in the School of International Studies, Jawaharlal Nehru University New Delhi, where she has been the Chairperson and Director of the Area Studies Program for Russia and Central Asia. She has also been on the governing bodies of several institutions in India and internationally, and has served as a specialist for various Meetings of the United Nations. She writes extensively in Journals and newspapers on international relations, gender and social issues.
- Author(s)Anuradha Chenoy,Shahrbanou Tadjbakhsh
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/10/2008
- GenreInternational Relations
- Series TitleRoutledge Advances in International Relations and Global Politics
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 51
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note16 black & white illustrations, 13 black & white tables, 16 black & white line drawings
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.