All listings for this product
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £18.99Trending at £19.34
- £45.12Trending at £47.98
- £12.21Trending at £15.88
- £8.33Trending at £9.99
- £13.11Trending at £13.71
- £12.86Trending at £16.87
- £10.00Trending at £11.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis briefs on human suffering adds to human understanding of suffering by contextualizing both stories and statistics on suffering, while showing that suffering adds a useful perspective to contemporary thought and research on quality of life, social well-being, and measures of societal progress.
- Author BiographyRonald (Ron) Anderson is Professor Emeritus at the University of Minnesota. He received his PhD in sociology from Stanford University in 1970. From 1968 until retiring in 2005, he served on the faculty of sociology at the University of Minnesota. Throughout that time, he consulted for many government agencies and corporations on survey research and technology-related issues. From 1990 to 2005, he coordinated several international studies of the social and learning effects of information technology within primary and secondary education in 20 or more countries in each study. From that and earlier work, he wrote or edited seven books and over 100 articles. Since retirement, his research interests have focused primarily on compassion and suffering. Further details on his work can be found in the following websites:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Andersonwww.soc.umn.edu/~rea/ StopSuffering.net.
- Author(s)Ronald E. Anderson
- Date of Publication10/10/2013
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleSpringerBriefs in Well-Being and Quality of Life Research
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note18 Illustrations, black and white; IX, 105 p. 18 illus.
- Weight189 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement2014 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.