Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £11.30Trending at £15.20
- £23.74Trending at £25.99
- £16.94Trending at £24.53
- £17.29Trending at £27.99
- £22.39Trending at £25.07
- £23.97Trending at £25.99
- £11.91Trending at £19.99
About this product
- Author(s)Richard E. Tucker
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/11/2011
- Series TitleEnvironmental Science Research
- Series Part/Volume Number26
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content NoteXII, 823 p.
- Weight1460 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1983
- Table Of ContentsDefinition of the Problem.- Dioxins as Contaminants of Herbicides: The U. S. Perspective.- Dioxins as Contaminants of Herbicides: Australian Perspective.- The Use of Scientific Information in the Development of Public Policies.- Regulatory Actions on Dioxins and Related Compounds.- Dioxins and Related Compounds as International Issues of Concern.- Analytical Chemistry.- Analytical Methodology for the Determination of PCDDs and PCDFs in Products and Environmental Samples: An Overview and Critique.- High Resolution Mass Spectrometry Methods of Analysis for Chlorinated dibenzo-p-dioxins and dibenzofurans.- Determination of tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxins and tetra-chlorodibenzofurans in Environmental Samples by High Performance Liquid Chromatography, capillary gas chromatography and High Resolution Mass Spectrometry.- Methodology and Preliminary Results for the Isomer-Specific Determination of TCDDs and Higher Chlorinated Dibenzo-p-dioxins in Chimney Particulates from Wood-Fueled Domestic Furnaces Located in Eastern, Central, and Western Regions of the United States.- Sampling and Analytical Methodologies for PCDDs and PCDFs in Incinerators and Wood Burning Facilities.- Comparative Monitoring and Analytical Methodology for 2,3,7,8-TCDD in Fish.- Environmental Chemistry.- Emissions of PCDDs and PCDFs from Combustion Sources.- Changes in Dioxin Isomer Group Ratios in the Environment: An Update and Extension of the Present Theory.- Analyses for 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodbenzo-p-dioxin Residues in Environmental Samples.- Long-Term Studies on the Persistence and Movement of TCDD in a Natural Ecosystem.- Microbial Degradation of TCDD in a Model Ecosystem.- Residues of Polychlorinated Dibenzo-p-dioxins and Dibenzo-furans in the Laurentian Great Lakes Fish.- Identification of Polychlorinated Dioxins (PCDDs) and Dibenzofurans (PCDFs) in Human Samples, Occupational Exposure and Yusho Patients.- Seveso - An Environmental Assessment.- Environmental Toxicology.- Environmental Toxicity of TCDD.- The Theory of Accumulation and Its Relationship to the Choice of Monitoring Matrices for Dioxins.- A Field Study of Soil and Biological Specimens from a Herbicide Storage and Aerial-Test Staging Site Following Long-Term Contamination with TCDD.- Chick Edema Disease and Hepatic Porphyria in Lake Ontario Herring Gull Embryos in the Early 1970s.- Long-Term Field Studies of a Rodent Population Continuously Exposed to TCDD.- Ultrastructural Comparison of Liver Tissues from Field and Laboratory TCDD-Exposed Beach Mice.- Biochemistry and Metabolism.- PCDDs and Related Compounds: Metabolism and Biochemistry.- 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-Dioxin-Induced Weight Loss: A Proposed Mechanism.- Studies of the Mechanism of Action of Hepatotoxicity of 2,3,7,8-Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) and Related Compounds.- The Ah Receptor: A Specific Site for Action of Chlorinated Dioxins?.- Genetic Differences in Enzymes Which Metabolize Drugs, Chemical Carcinogens, and Other Environmental Pollutants.- Factors Affecting the Disposition and Persistence of Halogenated Furans and Dioxins.- Adipose Tissue Storage of Polychlorinated Compounds.- Structure Elucidation of Mammalian TCDD-Metabolites.- Animal Toxicology.- Absorption, Distribution and Metabolism of 2,3,7,8-Tetra-chlorodibenzodioxin (TCDD) in Experimental Animals.- Morphology of Lesions Produced by the Dioxins and Related Compounds.- A Consideration of the Mechanism of Action of 2,3,7,8-Tetra-chlorodibenzo-p-dioxin and Related Halogenated Aromatic Hydrocarbons.- Human Observations.- Methodology of Clinical Studies on Exposed Populations.- A Mortality Study of Workers Employed at the Monsanto Company Plant in Nitro, West Virginia.- Dioxin and Reproductive Events.- Significance of Cutaneous Lesions in the Symptomatology of Exposure to Dioxins and Other Chloracnegens.- Soft Tissue Sarcomas: Clues and Caution.- Risk Assessment.- Risk Assessment: Introductory Remarks.- Assessing Risk in Legal Proceedings: How to Deal With Scientific
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.