CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.79Trending at £5.18
- £5.38Trending at £5.49
- £11.28Trending at £13.93
- £9.08Trending at £12.94
- £9.60Trending at £11.14
- £10.95Trending at £13.68
- £15.50Trending at £18.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe first of its kind, this Open Access 'Report' is a first step in assessing the state of the humanities worldwide. Based on an extensive literature review and enlightening interviews the book discusses the value of the humanities, the nature of humanities research and the relation between humanities and politics, amongst other issues.
- Author BiographyPoul Holm is Professor of Humanities at Trinity College Dublin, Ireland and President of the European Consortium of Humanities Institutes and Centres. In the past he has been Academic Director of the Trinity Long Room Hub, Rector (President) of the University of Roskilde, Chairman of the European Research Network of Research Councils for the Humanities (ERCH, now HERA) and Professor of Maritime History at the University of Southern Denmark. Arne Jarrick is Professor of History at Stockholm University, Sweden and Member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences. His previous publications include Only Human: Studies in the History of Conceptions of Man (2000). Dominic Scott is Professor in the Philosophy Department at the University of Virginia, USA. He was previously Senior Lecturer at Cambridge University, where he set up the Forum for Philosophy in Business with Alex Oliver. His previous publications include Recollection and Experience (1995), Plato's Meno (2006) and Maieusis: Studies in Ancient Philosophy in Honour of Myles Burnyeat (editor, 2007).
- Author(s)Arne Jarrick,Dominic Scott,Poul Holm
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/11/2014
- GenreHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight415 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.