All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSam Henderson's seminal 'laugh-yourself-to-death early minicomics and self-published Magic Whistle digest comic are all collected under one cover.
- Author BiographyOne of the funniest people in comics is Sam Henderson. Henderson's drawings have the same sort of energy and feel as the classic gag cartoonists, but with a far more twisted take on comedy -- extremely low-brow humor that almost parodies low-brow humor -- it's enjoyable on many levels. Join his regular cast of characters: Dirty Danny, The Brube, He Aims To Please, Robot Duckling, Monroe Simmons, and hundreds of others, for a unique and very funny comic book experience. Over the years Sam has contributed to many dozens of anthologies and produced the comic book Magic Whistle for over 20 years. Magic Whistle was nominated four years in a row for a Harvey Award for Special Award for Humor. His Scene But Not Heard comic appeared in every issue of Nickelodeon Magazine from 1996 to 2010. Scene But Not Heard was collected in a full-color hardcover edition by Alternative Comics and Top Shelf Productions in 2013. Sam was also an Emmy-nominated writer of Nickelodeon's SpongeBob SquarePants cartoon shows and the Scooby Doo comic book. His gag cartoons appear regularly in the curiously pink newspaper The New York Observer.
- PublisherAlternative Comics
- Date of Publication30/06/2005
- GenreCartoons & Comic Strips
- Place of PublicationGainesville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlternative Comics
- Weight185 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Illustrator(s)Sam Henderson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.50
- £18.69Trending at £23.66
- £9.95Trending at £10.11
- £9.51Trending at £9.82
- £56.83Trending at £57.83
- £10.30Trending at £14.99
- £11.61Trending at £14.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.