Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.15
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.36
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £21.64Trending at £24.17
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
About this product
- DescriptionThe main focus of this volume is on the internal dynamics and political strategies of hunting and gathering societies in areas of self-determination and self-representation. More specifically, it examines areas such as warfare and conflict resolution, resistance, identity and the state, demography and ecology, gender and representation...
- Author BiographyMegan Biesele is President, School of Expressive Culture, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas. She helped found the Kalahari Peoples Fund in 1973 and currently serves as its Coordinator. Robert K. Hitchcock is an Associate Professor of Anthropology and Chair of the Anthropology Department, as well as the coordinator of African Studies, at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. He is involved in research and development project monitoring, evacuation, and implementation, primarily in southern and eastern Africa and North America. Peter P. Schweitzer is Associate Professor of Anthropology at the University of Alaska Fairbanks and Lecturer at the Institute of Ethnology, Cultural, and Social Anthropology, University of Vienna.
- PublisherBerghahn Books, Incorporated
- Date of Publication01/12/2001
- GenrePolitics: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationHerndon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerghahn Books, Incorporated
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight588 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byMegan Biesele,Peter P. Schweitzer,Robert K. Hitchcock
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.