Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.94Trending at £10.13
- £24.00Trending at £33.03
- £20.74Trending at £21.11
- £9.90Trending at £11.05
- £16.56Trending at £25.00
- £44.82Trending at £49.50
- £21.48Trending at £23.38
About this product
- DescriptionMuch of late 20th century urbanism demonstrates a movement toward cultural differentiation. Challenging the assumption that hybrid people create hybrid places, this book suggests that hybrid environments do not always accommodate pluralistic tendencies and introduces the concept of a third place .
- Author BiographyNEZAR ALSAYYAD is Professor of Architecture and Planning and Chair of the Center for Middle Eastern Studies at the University of California-Berkeley. He has been director of the International Association for the Study of Traditional Environments and chief editor of its journal, Traditional Dwellings and Settlements Review since 1988. His published books include Cities and Caliphs (Greenwood, 1991) and Forms of Dominance (1993).
- Author(s)Nezar AlSayyad
- Date of Publication30/03/2001
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight534 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.