Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £14.94Trending at £18.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.57
About this product
- DescriptionHydrometeorology presents an introduction to relevant topics in the interdisciplinary fields of hydrology and meteorology. This book is one of the few books aiming to provide a balance between aspects of meteorological and hydrological processes.
- Author BiographyChristopher G. Collier received a BSc in Physics and ARCS in Science at Imperial College, London in 1968. Subsequently he received a PhD (1999) and a DSc (2008) from the University of Salford. He joined the Meteorological Office in 1968, and later chaired the European Union International Weather Radar Networking project, and served on numerous World Meteorological Organisation (WMO), BNSC, EUMETSAT, ESA and NERC committees. He is a Chartered Meteorologist of the Royal Meteorological Society, and was President of that Society 2004-2006 being elected an Honorary Fellow in 2012, and served on the committees of the British Hydrological Society. He is a member of the American Meteorological Society. He left the Met Office in 1995 becoming a Professor of Environmental Remote Sensing at the University of Salford, and joined the National Centre for Atmospheric Science based at the University of Leeds becoming Professor of Atmospheric Science and Head of Strategic Partnerships in 2009. He was awarded the First Vaisala Prize for radar measurements of precipitation in 1986.
- Author(s)Christoper G. Collier
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication29/07/2016
- Series TitleAdvancing Weather and Climate Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight744 g
- Width171 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.