Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £22.27Trending at £23.75
- £24.34Trending at £26.55
- £26.99Trending at £30.45
- £7.40Trending at £8.92
- £8.99Trending at £10.85
- £13.72Trending at £16.99
- £11.57Trending at £13.48
About this product
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication07/06/2016
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleUpdates in Hypertension and Cardiovascular Protection
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note29 black & white illustrations, 18 colour illustrations, 30 colour tables, biography
- Weight509 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAntonio Coca
- Table Of ContentsChapter 1. Epidemiology of hypertension and brain disease.- Chapter 2. Comorbidities often associated to brain damage in hypertension: Dyslipidemia.- Chapter 3. Comorbidities often associated to brain damage in hypertension: Smoking habits and alcohol intake.- Chapter 4. Comorbidities often associated to brain damage in hypertension: CAD, CKD and SAOS.- Chapter 5. Pathophysiology of brain damage in hypertension: small vessel disease.- Chapter 6. Pathophysiology of brain damage in hypertension: large artery disease.- Chapter 7. Hypertension and ischemic stroke.- Chapter 8. Hypertension and hemorrhagic stroke.- Chapter 9. Imaging techniques for detection and diagnosis of brain damage.- Chapter 10. Primary prevention of stroke.- Chapter 11. Management of high blood pressure in acute ischemic stroke.- Chapter 12. Management of high blood pressure in acute hemorrhagic stroke.- Chapter 13. Secondary prevention of stroke.- Chapter 14. Hypertension and subjective cognitive failures.- Chapter 15. Hypertension, cognitive decline and dementia.
- Author BiographyAntonio Coca is Professor of Internal Medicine at the University of Barcelona, Spain, and Head of the Hypertension & Vascular Risk Unit at the Hospital Clinic in Barcelona. He is Chair of Working Group on Hypertension and the Brain of the European Society of Hypertension, and Chair of the Council on Hypertension of the European Society of Cardiology, working group.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.