Consider these sponsored items
- £2.60Was:£18.99Free postage
- £7.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor 30 years, Des Lynam has been the face of British sport. He has presented all the major sports events for the BBC and ITV. One of the most famous and best-loved men in the country, his popularity goes hand in hand with a slightly raffish reputation. For the first time this very private man tells his own story.
- Author BiographyDesmond Lynam (born1942 in Ennis, Ireland) started in broadcasting as a freelance in radio. He quickly joined BBC radio in London, originally specialising in commentating on boxing, and went on to anchor Sports Report on BBC Radio 2. He later moved to television, presenting Grandstand and Match of the Day on the BBC for many years, and also fronted BBC coverage of Wimbledon, World Cup football and the Olympic Games. Lynam defected to ITV in 1999, where he presented their flagship football programmes, including coverage of the FA Premier League and UEFA Champions League. He decided to retire from television presenting after the Euro 2004 football championships. Soon afterwards the BBC announced that Lynam would present a new weekly radio programme, Des Meets..., on BBC Radio Five Live from August 2004.
- Author(s)Desmond Lynam
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication03/10/2005
- GenreAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Entertainment
- Out-of-print date15/02/2008
- Content Note15 b/w, 65 col plates (32pp)
- Weight785 g
- Width159 mm
- Height240 mm
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £4.69Trending at £4.80
- £4.88Trending at £5.92
- £6.95Trending at £8.31
- £4.95Trending at £6.95
- £4.90Trending at £8.83
- £7.10Trending at £12.60
- £4.44Trending at £4.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.