All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing fragments from her poetry, her memory, music and extracts from her adoption files, Michelle rebuilds the picture of self that allows her to transcend adversity, in this story of her journey from care, to adoption, to motherhood and performance, and of her quest for her birth parents.
- Author BiographyMichelle Scally-Clarke was born in Leeds and resides in the City's Chapeltown area. From a life of love and pain, a lost mother and two beautiful children, she has formed a collection of performance works that will warm, entice and enthrall you. Michelle Scally-Clarke is an individual with a talent that extends from the page to the stage. Michelle started writing since the age of thirteen and she started performing seriously in 1997. Michelle has collaborated with, and performed alongside some of the finest contemporary poets including Benjamin Zephaniah, Jean Binta Breeze, Lemn Sissay and Linton Kwesi Johnson. She has appeared on television in The Beautiful North, a series made by Domestic Films for Granada television. She is also appearing on BBC 2 in A Family of My Own in April. Michelle also works on many writing workshop projects with young people, she is also one of the founder members of Sh?me, a performance group based in Leeds.
- Author(s)Michelle Scally-Clarke
- PublisherRoute Publishing
- Date of Publication15/03/2001
- FormatMixed media product
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationGlasshoughton, Yorks
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoute Publishing
- Weight236 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and CD-Audio (Audiobook)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £22.57Trending at £23.39
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.99
- £6.29Trending at £10.14
- £9.97Trending at £12.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.