Consider these sponsored items
- £7.78Free postage
- £7.08Was:£8.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA celebration of the English countryside that focuses on the rolling green landscapes and magnificent monuments that set England apart from the rest of the world. It also presents an eclectic variety of personal icons, from pub signs to seaside piers, from cattle grids to canal boats, and from village cricket to nimbies.
- Author BiographyBill Bryson's bestselling travel books include The Lost Continent and Notes from a Small Island, which in a national poll was voted the book that best represents Britain. Another travel book, A Walk in the Woods, has become a major film starring Robert Redford, Nick Nolte and Emma Thompson. His new number one Sunday Times bestseller is The Road to Little Dribbling: More Notes from a Small Island. His acclaimed book on the history of science, A Short History of Nearly Everything, won the Royal Society's Aventis Prize as well as the Descartes Prize, the European Union's highest literary award. He has written books on language, on Shakespeare, on history, and on his own childhood in the hilarious memoir The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid. His last critically lauded bestsellers were At Home: a Short History of Private Life, and One Summer: America 1927 Bill Bryson was born in the American Midwest, and now lives in the UK. A former Chancellor of Durham University, he was President of the Campaign to Protect Rural England for five years, and is an Honorary Fellow of the Royal Society.
- Author(s)Bill Bryson
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication30/06/2016
- GenreNatural History: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2016
- ImprintBlack Swan
- Content NoteB&W illustrations throughout
- Weight251 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £23.48Trending at £24.53
- £20.52Trending at £21.13
- £7.23Trending at £9.98
- £19.26Trending at £26.15
- £12.55Trending at £15.15
- £9.27Trending at £11.68
- £16.94Trending at £21.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.