All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.50
- £18.69Trending at £23.68
- £9.95Trending at £10.13
- £8.74Trending at £8.89
- £10.30Trending at £15.09
About this product
- Author(s)Daniel I. O'Neill,Richard Dagger,Terence Ball
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/08/2016
- GenrePolitics & Government: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight1020 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition Statement10th Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsPreface to the Tenth Edition Introduction Part 1 The Concept of Ideology 1.1 Terrell Carver-Ideology: The Career of a Concept Part 2 The Democratic Ideal: Historical and Philosophical Foundations 2.2 Euripides-Democracy and Despotism 2.3 Pericles-Funeral Oration 2.4 Aristotle-Democratic Judgment and the Middling Constitution 2.5 Niccolo Machiavelli-What's Wrong with Princely Rule? 2.6 John Adams-What Is a Republic? 2.7 Bill of Rights of the United States 2.8 Alexis de Tocqueville-Democracy and Equality 2.9 John Stuart Mill-Democratic Participation and Political Education 2.10 Alexander Keyssar-The Strange Career of Voter Suppression Part 3 Liberalism 3.11 Thomas Hobbes-The State of Nature and the Basis of Obligation 3.12 John Locke-Toleration and Government 3.13 Thomas Paine-Government, Rights, and the Freedom of Generations 3.14 Declaration of Independence of the United States 3.15 Declaration of the Rights of Man and of Citizens 3.16 Adam Smith-Private Profit, Public Good 3.17 Immanuel Kant-Freedom and Enlightenment 3.18 John Stuart Mill-Liberty and Individuality 3.19 William Graham Sumner-According to the Fitness of Things 3.20 T. H. Green-Liberalism and Positive Freedom 3.21 Franklin D. Roosevelt-Commonwealth Club Address (1932) 3.22 Lyndon B. Johnson- To Fulfill These Rights : Speech at Howard University 3.23 Barack Obama-Speech at Osawatomie, Kansas 3.24 Paul Krugman-The Conscience of a Liberal 3.25 Donald Allen-Paternalism vs. Democracy: A Libertarian View 3.26 Murray Rothbard-Libertarian Anarchism 3.27 Terence Ball-A Libertarian Utopia Part 4 Conservatism 152 4.28 Edmund Burke-Society, Reverence, and the True Natural Aristocracy 4.29 Joseph de Maistre-Conservatism as Reaction 4.30 Michael Oakeshott-On Being Conservative 4.31 Russell Kirk-Ten Conservative Principles 4.32 Ronald Reagan-Modern American Conservatism 4.33 Irving Kristol-The Neoconservative Persuasion 4.34 Robert George, et al.-Manhattan Declaration: A Call of Christian Conscience Part 5 Socialism and Communism: More to Marx 5.35 Thomas More-Utopia 5.36 Robert Owen-Address to the Inhabitants of New Lanark 5.37 Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels-The Communist Manifesto 5.38 Karl Marx-On the Materialist Conception of History Part 6 Socialism and Communism After Marx 6.39 Eduard Bernstein-Evolutionary Socialism 6.40 V. I. Lenin-Revisionism, Imperialism, and Revolution 6.41 Leon Trotsky-The Permanent Revolution 6.42 Mao Zedong-On the People's Democratic Dictatorship 6.43 Mikhail Bakunin-Anarcho-Communism vs. Marxism 6.44 Emma Goldman-Anarchism: What It Really Stands For 6.45 Edward Bellamy-Looking Backward 6.46 Bernie Sanders-On Democratic Socialism in the United States Part 7 Fascism 7.47 Joseph-Arthur de Gobineau-Civilization and Race 7.48 Benito Mussolini-The Doctrine of Fascism 7.49 Alfredo Rocco-The Political Theory of Fascism 7.50 Adolf Hitler-Nation and Race 7.51 Andrew Macdonald [William L. Pierce]-The Turner Diaries Part 8 Liberation Ideologies and the Politics of Identity 8.52 Frederick Douglass-What to the Slave Is the Fourth of July? 8.53 Cornel West-Race Matters 8.54 Mary Wollstonecraft-A Vindication of the Rights of Woman 8.55 Olympe de Gouges-Declaration of the Rights of Woman and the Female Citizen 8.56 Seneca Falls Declaration of Sentiments and Resolutions 8.57 Marilyn Frye-Oppression 8.58 bell hooks-Feminism is for Everybody 8.59 John Corvino-Homosexuality: The Nature and Harm Arguments 8.60 Vine Deloria, Jr.-On Liberation 8.61 Gustavo Gutierrez-Liberation Theology 8.62 Peter Singer-All Animals Are Equal Part 9 Green Politics: Ecology as Ideology 9.63 Leslie Paul Thiele-Sustainability in the Age of Ecology 9.64 Wendell Berry-Getting Along with Nature 9.6
- Author BiographyTerence Ball received his Ph.D. from the University of California at Berkeley and is Professor of Political Science at Arizona State University (emeritus). He taught previously at the University of Minnesota and has held visiting professorships at Oxford University, Cambridge University, and the University of California, San Diego. Richard Dagger earned his Ph.D. from the University of Minnesota and is now Professor of Political Science at the University of Richmond. He has taught at Arizona State University and Rhodes College, and has been a faculty fellow of the Center for Ethics and Public Affairs, Tulane University. Daniel I. O'Neill holds a Ph.D. from the University of California at Los Angeles and is now Associate Professor of Political Science at the University of Florida.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.