Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £26.14Trending at £27.38
- £83.66Trending at £89.85
- £24.23Trending at £25.19
- £23.66Trending at £26.11
- £22.21Trending at £24.29
- £16.36Trending at £22.99
- £16.56Trending at £20.28
About this product
- DescriptionThis intriguing volume explains why, after centuries of Western scholars studying Asia, Asian scholars are beginning to study Western societies in return. But it also shows how cultural and political differences pose challenges to mutual understanding and learning.
- Author BiographyRas Tind Nielsen is a research assistant at NIAS - Nordic Institute of Asian Studies, Copenhagen, Denmark. He follows domestic politics and foreign policy in China as well as regional politics in East Asia. He has a special interest in the sociology of science and in the development of the social sciences in China. Ras is actively engaged in promoting Nordic collaboration with Asia in research and higher education and has been a consultant to the Nordic Council of Ministers advising on sciences collaboration with China and India. Geir Helgesen, cultural sociologist and Director of NIAS - Nordic Institute of Asian Studies, is a long time Korea observer who has travelled extensively in both parts of Korea, organized track two dialogues between North Korea and the Nordic countries, and maintains a global network of colleagues dealing with the divided Korea.
- PublisherNIAS Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2012
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleAsia Insights
- Series Part/Volume Number1
- Place of PublicationCopenhagen
- Country of PublicationDenmark
- ImprintNIAS Press
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byGeir Helgesen,Ras Tind Nielsen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.